If your coworking space is approved, young Brussels-based entrepreneurs and project leaders can benefit from an allowance for their membership in your centre. Here are the conditions to obtain recognition as a coworking centre and the associated obligations.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COWORKING APPROVAL
The approval is for a coworking centre establishment unit. All conditions are valid for each seat.
For example, if a company owns a coworking centre in Ixelles and another one in Etterbeek, they must submit two approval requests, one for each establishment unit.
WHO CAN BE APPROVED?
To be approved, the coworking space must:
- Be in the coworking business and be registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises;
- a reception area;
- an open space with at least 10 workstations;
- at least two meeting or conference rooms, one of which can host at least 10 people;
- an area which promotes creativity;
- an area to make telephone calls;
- a cafeteria or kitchen;
- several individual and protected storage areas;
- a high-speed wifi network;
- a printer and a scanner.
- Guarantee visitor reception and the reception and sending of post on all business days from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Welcome each new coworker with an individual interview
- Provide at least six social, training or information activities a year
- Allow hub.brussels to organise at least one information session per quarter on site for members of the coworking space
- Promote interaction between coworkers with at least two events a year
- Obtain civil liability insurance to cover any damage.
HOW LONG IS THE APPROVAL VALID FOR?
Approval is obtained for an indefinite period of time starting on the first day of the month following the approval decision.
However, approval can be withdrawn in the event of non-compliance with the approval conditions, fraud or a conviction.
WHAT ARE THE OBLIGATIONS?
- The approved coworking centre must send an annual activity report to Brussels Economy and Employment via MonBEE (FR).
- The centre must always comply with the approval conditions (FR).
COWORKING APPROVAL REQUEST
The coworking organisation must fill in the approval request form.
It must attach several appendixes to the request form.
Coworking approval (FR) request