The Brussels-Capital Region has launched a new call for projects to support local retail dynamics and strengthen the local retail fabric. It is intended to implement collective projects led by retailer associations and other local players within a specific retail area.
This call for projects is open to projects led at least by one retailer association with a legal personality and registered offices in the Brussels-Capital Region.
The projects can fall into one of two categories:
1) THE “SUPPORT FOR RETAILER ASSOCIATIONS” CATEGORY
The aim of this category is to stimulate collective initiatives that cover the largest number of retail neighbourhoods in the Brussels region. The collective projects must contribute to the structuring and development of retail activity in the neighbourhood concerned, to an increase in sustainable and local consumption and to strengthening the links between a neighbourhood’s retailers and users.
The projects must be eco-managed. Methodology assistance will be provided to project leaders by hub.brussels for this purpose.
2) THE “SUPPORT FOR INNOVATIVE PROJECTS: FOR COLLABORATIVE AND CIRCULAR RETAIL DISTRICTS” CATEGORY
The aim is to support, on a neighbourhood level, innovative projects which explore the communitisation of resources. The projects submitted must test collective solutions intended to address issues faced jointly by retailers and which are a regional priority, notably with regard to waste management, logistics, mobility and sustainable food supplies.
The projects must fall within the scope of an approach which helps to reduce the environmental footprint associated with different types of consumption and must have a demonstrable positive impact on the economy and the environment.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR YOU?
- Assistance from hub.brussels
- Financial support from the Brussels-Capital Region:
- Category 1: a subsidy of up to €5,000, potentially for 100% of the project
- Category 2: a subsidy of up to €40,000, potentially for 100% of the project
The total envelope of the call for projects is €300,000.
As it is a competition, the selection will be based on projects which best meet with the selection criteria up until depletion of the available budget. The projects will be judged according to three selection criteria:
- Suitability to the objectives of the call for projects: collective nature, regional anchoring and innovation
- Credibility of the objectives and project feasibility
- Project results and impact
The criteria are examined and assessed by a multi-disciplinary committee.
HOW TO RESPOND TO THE CALL FOR PROJECTS
Launch of the call for projects: 01/03/2021
Follow the steps below
1) REVIEW THE CALL FOR PROJECTS RULES
2) CONTACT HUB.BRUSSELS AND DEFINE THE PROJECT
Associations applying for this funding must attend two support sessions, each 45 minutes long, led by hub.brussels’ “Local partnerships” team. Make an appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 business days before the deadline for the submission of applications.
3) SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION FILE
- the application form for category 1or for category 2
- a copy of the articles of association of the project leaders making a subsidy application
- the latest financial statements and balance sheets of the project leaders making a subsidy application
- the “public tenders” form
In addition to the items above, projects which apply for category 2 “Support for innovative projects” must also submit:
The application file must be sent via email to email@example.com.
The file must be sent at the latest by 31/05/2021.
The application files will be reviewed by a multidisciplinary Advisory Committee.