Last modified:Thursday 31 October 2019
Finding a replacement, ensuring your company's continuity, guaranteeing the provision of services to customers, etc. These are the main concerns when you are, as a self-employed worker, faced with an illness or when your activity has to be interrupted for family or exceptional reasons. To help you with this, the government has decided to launch a replacement entrepreneur register (FR). This register uses a search engine and matches the supply and demand of temporary replacements for self-employed workers within a clear legal context.
Who can be replaced? What are the conditions?
- a company, an individual or the manager of a company;
- no other professional activity exercised during the replacement period;
- replacement for more than 30 days per year is only permitted in the following cases:
- Inability to work or a disability;
- maternity leave.
Who can provide the replacement?
The replacement must meet the following conditions:
- Be registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises and exercise a self-employed activity as an individual, as a main activity or as a complementary activity; and this, no later than by the start of the first replacement contract;
- Meet the conditions relating to access to the profession.
How long can the replacement last?
A self-employed worker can be replaced for a maximum of 30 days per year without justification. However, this period can be extended in case of inability to work, disability or maternity leave.
Where can I find a replacement?
If you are looking for a self-employed replacement, you can easily find candidates meeting the desired profile by consulting the replacement entrepreneur register (FR). The search happens via a search engine. You can also ask a one-stop business counter to carry out the search for you.
The self-employed worker wanting to be replaced and the replacement entrepreneur must conclude a written replacement contract before the start of the replacement. This is a contract with a specified term setting out the following provisions:
- Contract length
- Replacement's company number
- The legal acts which the replacement entrepreneur may perform.