The Local Economy Office of Schaerbeek
The Local Economy Office of Schaerbeek accompanies (future) entrepreneurs who wish to establish in Brussels.
The mission of the Schaerbeek Local Economy Office (GEL Schaerbeek) is to encourage all economic initiatives in Brussels and, through its outreach work, to contribute to the economic revitalisation of the Municipality of Schaerbeek and more broadly the North-East zone of the Brussels Capital Region.
The GEL Schaerbeek provides free advice, information and support at every step of your business creation project.
This support structure allows project leaders (job-seekers, employees, entrepreneurs) to be supported at every stage leading up to the creation of their business, namely:
- development and materialisation of the idea, the project
- analysis of the coherence between project and entrepreneur
- analysis of the feasibility of the project, including help with drawing up a business plan
- search for potential funding (credits, bonuses and grants)
- advice on choosing the legal structure of the company
- basic information on the tax aspects of the project.
The GEL Schaerbeek is certified in the process of obtaining the Actiris grant dedicated to project leaders.
"Existing business" activity
The GEL Schaerbeek also offers support after the creation of your company with all management-related areas, in particular the search for cash flow, VAT problems, NSSO, obtaining grants and public aid, changing business model, and management councils.
Its role also involves encouraging and supporting the development of existing businesses in the coming years as part of the economic transition implemented by the Region.
To help companies, the GEL Schaerbeek also offers:
- a monthly event (see 1819 events calendar or our website) on regional economic subsidies to companies
- a duty office for companies located in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert, every Monday morning, in the offices of the Guichet Social de Woluwe-Saint-Lambert, Chaussée de Roodebeek, 258 (by appointment on +32 (0)472 20 58 06)
discover the network of local economy offices