Created in 1989, Environment Brussels is the environment and energy administration in the Brussels-Capital Region
Environment Brussels is the environment and energy administration in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- Study, monitor, and manage air, water, soil, waste, noise, nature (parks and biodiversity);
- Issue environment permits, monitor compliance with them. Furthermore, it helps Brussels authorities and companies draw up environment plans.
- Develop and support environmental education projects in Brussels schools, participate in meetings and negotiations in Belgium and overseas, etc.;
- Develop activities in the field of eco-construction and links between health and the environment.
Environment permits and inspection:
- grant environment permits, accreditations and certificates
- control compliance with environmental legislation
Information and awareness-raising:
- information about air quality in Brussels (pollumeter)
- measurements of ambient and other noises in Brussels
- information and publications about the environment and parks in Brussels
- environmental information for citizens, schools, and enterprises (Eco-dynamic Enterprise label)
Planning & support
- Drawing up of sectoral plans in particular concerning the prevention and management of waste, the fight against sound disturbances, the management of Soignes Forest, Air and Climate plans, etc.
- fitting out and management of parks (including Soignes Forest in the Brussels Region)
- help for enterprises on the subject of environmental obligations
- energy grants for the tertiary sector
Latest news from Environment BrusselsView all news from Environment Brussels
You have not yet given permission to place the required cookies. Accept the required cookies to view this content.