Who does not produce waste? To manage your waste properly, you must follow the rules that are specific to businesses and that apply in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- sort and store the waste appropriately, given that these are “waste products not produced by households”.
- remove the waste by turning it over to, for example, a specialised collector who stops by your location.
- keep records, generally, in the form of removal contracts or invoices collected in a register.
- in some instances, request an environmental permit due, for example, to the quantities of waste at your business or the presence of a waste compactor.
What are the obligations regarding waste treatment?
Furthermore, there are authorisations/obligations:
- for waste sector professionals (certifications & registrations, environmental permit),
- for the cross-border movement of waste,
- for companies with extended producer responsibility such as, for example, producers of electronic or packaging waste,
- for companies which collect and dispose of provisional waste.
The right thing to do by type of waste
You have not yet given permission to place the required cookies. Accept the required cookies to view this content.