Last modified:Tuesday 15 September 2020
Who does not produce waste? To manage your waste properly, you must follow the rules that are specific to businesses and that apply in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- sort and store the waste appropriately, given that these are “waste products not produced by households”.
- remove the waste by turning it over to, for example, a specialised collector who stops by your location.
- keep records, generally, in the form of removal contracts or invoices collected in a register.
- in some instances, request an environmental permit due, for example, to the quantities of waste at your business or the presence of a waste compactor.
Furthermore, there are authorisations/obligations:
- for waste sector professionals (certification, registration, environmental permit),
- for the cross-border movement of waste,
- for companies with extended producer responsibility such as, for example, producers of electronic or packaging waste,
- for companies which collect and dispose of provisional waste
Here is a link to best practices by waste type.