Horizon Europe is the EU research and innovation programme (2021-2027) with a budget of €95.5 billion for a green, healthy, digital and inclusive Europe. It aims to build a knowledge- and innovation-based society and a competitive economy while at the same time contributing to sustainable development.
Horizon Europe supports excellent science by teaming up with the best talent and equipping them with world-class infrastructures. Moreover, it supports breakthrough innovations and helps to create new services and markets. Research and innovation provide new knowledge and innovative solutions to overcome our societal, ecological, and economic challenges.
Compared to the previous Horizon 2020 program, there is a lot of continuity in Horizon Europe.
New elements in Horizon Europe
- European Innovation Council: Support for innovations with potential breakthrough and disruptive nature with scale-up potential that may be too risky for private investors. This is 70% of the budget earmarked for SMEs.
- Missions: Sets of measures to achieve bold, inspirational and measurable goals within a set timeframe. There are 5 main mission areas as part of Horizon Europe.
- Open science policy: Mandatory open access to publications and open science principles are applied throughout the programme
- Factsheet: Open science in Horizon Europe
- New approach to partnerships : Objective-driven and more ambitious partnerships with industry in support of EU policy objectives
National Contact Point Brussels
You have a research or innovative project idea? You wonder what EU Funding opportunity could best fit your project idea? National Contact Point Brussels can help you!
The team can also direct you to other more relevant EU funding programmes for you. Do not hesitate to contact them.
Enterprise Europe Network Brussels Innovation Services
If you are looking for solution-driven services to help you turn your innovative ideas into international commercial successes, Enterprise Europe Network Brussels provides tailor-made professional support to SMEs.
Are you a Brussels-based, ambitious SME, including young companies and start-ups? Are you looking to move forward, faster, better with innovation? Contact your Enterprise Europe Network Brussels advisor from hub.brussels at email@example.com or visit their contact page.
These SMEs will be supported by Enterprise Europe Network Brussels advisors in collaboration with NCP Brussels for the submission of a EIC Accelerator proposal, if applicable.